Spectre is an audio plugin that combines the best features of a sonic enhancer and a graphical parametric
EQ. It applies high quality saturation just where you want it to.
Use it like an EQ, get better results.
Colour your sound
Spectre processes the difference between the input signal and the EQ signal. Introduces harmonic content to just the part of the spectrum that you want from a variety of saturation algorithms based on analog hardware.
Spectre brings colours and life to the sound. It makes dull recordings sound bright, it can make a bass track more suitable for small speakers and it can even work as a high-end stereo widener thanks to the mid/side matrix.
Why you'll love Spectre
Spectre processes the incoming signal with a five band parallel EQ. It extracts the difference between this signal and the dry one and process each band through one of the ten saturation algorithms included.
Spectre works like a graphical EQ, a workflow we're all familiar with.Use it like an EQ, get better results.
Spectre lets you put different saturation per band. You can also have them on a different channels including mid/side.
Spectre comes with 10 high quality saturation algorithms based on classic analog recording hardware.
“Spectre is a secret weapon. I love the way you can shape a sound, without necessarily using EQ or compression. Unique tool, unique results.”
Jack RustonJudas Priest
“Spectre is the most interesting plugin that I've tried in a while. It can breath life and character into just about any sound, bus or full mix.”
Jonas WestlingPaul McCartney
“Spectre works like magic making dull recordings sound alive. I use it like an EQ on steroids. I'm seriously in love with Spectre.”
Antonio EscobarJohn Legend
10 saturation algorithms
Spectre is more versatile than a simple enhancer as you can choose from different saturation algorithms.
Tube, warm tube, solid, tape, diode, class B, bit, digital, rectify and half rectify.
Additional clean mode that will act like a parallel EQ where the boosts feel extremely natural and unprocessed.
Elevate your sound
Optional 4x and 16x oversampling modes offer pristine audio quality with no aliasing.
With 3 saturation modes: subtle, medium and aggressive you can quickly warm your tracks.
The de-Emphasis feature compensates the EQ boosts after the distortion state. You can add harmonics to parts of the spectrum without changing the overall level of the track.
Spectre can process mono, stereo, left, right, mid and side channels on each band independently.
Watch in action
Get Spectre now!
And start using it in your mixes in minutes.
Simple download and authorisation.
Click to unveil
- # Version 1.5.5 – 04 / 08 / 2020
- – Fixed: NaN bug.
- – Added: dark mode.
- # Version 1.5.4 – 21 / 07 / 2020
- – Fixed: crash when reloading a project in Ableton Live.
- – Fixed: saturation and processing modes correctly recalled in FL Studio / VST3.
- – Improved: general optimisation.
- # Version 1.5.3 – 12 / 05 / 2020
- – Fixed: pop or click sound in Reaper.
- # Version 1.5.2 – 28 / 04 / 2020
- – Fixed: pop or click sound when changing saturation modes.
- # Version 1.5.1 – 13 / 12 / 2019
- – New: Auto-updater.
- – New: macOS Catalina support.
- – New: saturation and processing modes can now be tweaked all at once by pressing any modifier key (alt, ctrl, shift, cmd).
- – Improved: changing mode doesn’t produce any clicks.
- – Improved: authorisation panel now shows success and error messages.
- – Improved: UI can be set to default size in the main menu.
- – Improved: resizable UI can now be directly dragged from the bottom right corner.
- – Dropped: 32-bit support.
- # Version 1.5 – 12 / 06 / 2019
- – New: saturation per band.
- – New: processing mode per band.
- – New: input / output linking.
- – New: fine tuning on labels.
- – New: mouse wheel control over labels.
- – New: de-emphasis filters.
- – New: VST3 format.
- – Improved: made menu more visible.
- – Improved: code optimisation.
- – Fixed: user manual typos.
- – Dropped: passepartout (white background surrounding the plug-in).
- # Version 1.0.3 – 25 / 10 / 2018
- – New: resize function.
- – New: two new kinds of saturation: Rectify and Half Rectify.
- – Improved: faster optimisation.
- # Version 1.0.2 – 06 / 03 / 2018
- – Fixed: stability of the filters.
- – Improved: general CPU optimisation.
- – Improved: opens the presets folder correctly (one directory deeper).
- # Version 1.0.1 – 28 / 02 / 2018
- – Fixed: while in demo mode the central part of the UI was frozen after a while.
- – Improved: lower volume for the noise bursts (in demo mode only).
- – Improved: longer time between noise bursts (in demo mode only).
- # Version 1.0.0 – 21 / 02 / 2018
- Initial release.
No iLok or challenge response needed for registering Spectre.
You will receive a serial number at the time of the purchase. That's all you need.
- 10.7 or higher.
- 64 bit DAW and OS.
- 7, 8 or 10.
- 64 bit DAW and OS.