- Mercury is a grand piano for Kontakt featuring a Fazioli F-228 recorded at Metropolis Studios in London.
- One year in the making, taking care of the smallest details in order to make it perfect.
- The combination of the unique tone of this piano, exquisite recording and leading coding leads many to consider this as one of the best piano instruments on the market.
ICONIC PIANO USED ON LEGENDARY HITS
Fazioli pianos pursue perfection. They’re sophistically delicate with a very rich low-end and a lot of body resonance.
Mercury piano was recorded by Grammy Award-winning Paul B. Norris with 5 mic positions from ultra-close to room sound for maximum versatility. It sounds warm and very emotional. Perfect for intimate low-key tracks, but it’s also very punchy and aggressive on high velocities. A combination that you don’t find usually on piano libraries.
It has been captured with so much detail and depth that you can make it sound in a million different ways and still sound natural, but it will always retain the character. Mercury can be a big monster library or light-weighted since one microphone only uses ~300MB of RAM. With realism in mind and all the possible features that we could think of including soft pedalling, una corda, sostenuto, sympathetic resonance, microtuning…
Mercury piano will fit in every situation perfectly, and it will be an honour to know that it has become your go-to piano library.
Harnessing the power of Kontakt, Mercury has a beautiful and powerful interface rendered in 3D designed to inspire you.
On the bottom bar you have the menu to navigate to the other pages in which you’ll also find the HQ switch. This enables our velocity morphing algorithm. It will seamlessly blend the different intensities in order to get pleasant and continuous dynamics with no jumps.
On the right side you can activate and de-activate the background animation that will occur when going to the main view to the mixer, effects or settings page.
From the mixer you can control the different mics separately with the usual parameters that you’d normally get on an audio mixer, and with extra features like a new way of mixing that we call “position enhanced”.
- Ultraclose: recorded right above the hammers to get the in-your-face sound.
- Close: Spaced pair a couple inches above the strings.
- Mono: Vintage ribbon microphone placed at the bottom of the piano.
- Mid: in a mid-distance in the middle of the room, X/Y position.
- Far: recorded with two spaced microphones at the back of the room.
With a load/purge switch for each channel, pan/width, volume, mute/solo, phase shift and output selector for mixing the different channels on your DAW.
In the effects page you can add 4 DSP effects to the sound, specially designed for piano.
- Metropolis Plates: two EMT 140s from Metropolis Studios.
- Compressor: peak compressor with threshold, ratio, attack, release and make-up gain.
- EQ: special type of tilt EQ that will cut/boost highs/lows with additional low and high-pass filters.
- Chorus: great sounding chorus with stereo spread, speed and depth controls.
And with the purchase of Mercury you’ll also get Mercury FX for free, a native audio plug-in in AU/VST/AAX format to use these effects in any audio track.
From the settings page you can control basically any parameter you might ever need. Divided in four section you can find:
- Round robin: the piano was sampled with 4 true round robin repetitions, you can select the number you want here plus a neighbour borrowing option for extra repetitions using scripted round robin.
- Velocity curve: control how the library reacts to incoming midi notes.
- Noises: control the volume of the non-tonal parts of the piano. Release sample volume, sympathetic resonance, key on and key off samples and pedal noises (sustain, soft pedal and sostenuto).
- Sound: sample start offset, overall timbre, dynamic range, low enhancement and per-note temperament.
The touch, feel and level of detail achieved with this library really inspires me daily at the studio.
Mercury is a joy to play.
Josep Umbria – Donovan / Jimmy Page
I just wanted to let you know how much I’m enjoying working with Mercury.
It has a very appealing room sound and a depth that many sampled pianos I own don’t have, with a beautiful open, bell-like top end.
Craig Richards – Pianist / Composer
I can whole heartedly recommend the Mercury piano. It has a whole lot of character and I haven’t used another piano since I got it.
Tapsa Kuusniemi – Baywatch / The Jungle’s Book
Mercury Lite gives you the heart of the Mercury piano but with less load for those who have limited resources. Designed to be lighter but retaining full sound and expressive capabilities.
Mercury Lite features all the 5 mic positions combined in a single audio file. That saves not only 80% of disk size, but also CPU consumption as Kontakt doesn’t have to handle that many voices at a time. We merged all the mic positions with unity gain, same sound as when you have all mic positions enabled at 0dB on Mercury Pro. With 2x round robin repetitions, same effects (including Metropolis Plates) and settings as the pro version, this is the best piano library you can find at this price point.
Get Mercury Lite for only € 59.00 and you’ll receive an upgrade coupon so you only pay the difference. This is a great way of demoing the library before going to the full version, never paying more than the full price.
If you already own the full version of Mercury piano then get your hands on the new Mercury Lite, free for every Mercury Pro purchase.
Mercury Lite requires Kontakt 5.5.2 or newer.
Mercury Pro now comes with Mercury FX, a native audio plugin featuring the effects included in the library. Now you can enjoy Metropolis Plates, a great peak compressor, a fabulous tilt style EQ and a high-quality stereo chorus in all your tracks.
Available for Mac and Windows in AAX, Audio Units and VST formats. Both 32 and 64 bit. Works in all major DAWs including Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Studio One, Cubase and any DAW that supports AAX, AU and VST.
one-timeAdd to Cart
- Mic Positions: 1 (All in one)
- Round Robin: 2x. Up to 6x with NB.
- Velocity Layers: 8
- Samples: 4,784
- Size: 3.59 GB
- Presets: 1
- NKS: No
- Works with: Kontakt full version
- Download: Regular links
- Mercury FX plugin included: No
one-timeAdd to Cart
- Mic Positions: 5
- Round Robin: 4x. Up to 12x with NB.
- Velocity Layers: 8
- Samples: 37,172
- Size: 34.36 GB
- Presets: 42
- NKS: Yes
- Works with: Kontakt Player
- Download: Continuata’s Connect
- Mercury FX plugin included: Yes
This piano is not a conventional Kontakt piano instrument. As the founder of Wavesfactory I can’t begin to express how I feel right now since I have to explain in a few single words the work that I’ve done during a whole year. I’ll start from the beginning.
November 2015, we travel to London to sample the classic Fazioli which was used on some of the most iconic songs of all time, songs that shaped my childhood. It was a dream come true and one that I didn’t want it to become a nightmare. It was like a mystical experience.
Apart from the fact this piano was used on iconic hits, the studio and the sound are really magical. If done well, this could be the perfect piano library.
Once at home, I put as much care to the editing, design and scripting process as I was capable. Everything needed to perfect, the library couldn’t just score a 7/10. It had to be a 10/10.
The beta testing phase begun and I was amazed to see again and again this words: “Man, this has become my go-to piano library from day 1. It’s not like playing a sample library, it’s like playing a real piano! How did you do that?”. I have been waiting for this moment for a whole year. Now it’s time that you play with it, and I hope that you like it as much as we do.
This is not a regular sample library, this is bigger.
Jesús Ginard. Wavesfactory
Any product, names and/or trademarks belong to their respective owners which are, in no way, affiliated or associated with Wavesfactory.